Organize your jewelry with this unique project
How do you keep your necklaces organized? On A DIY jewelry hanger! See how we did it on this episode of Preval’s Maker Minute.
Everything you’ll need for this project, except the wooden hanger, can be purchased at your local hardware store.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Preval Sprayer
- Non-glossy wooden hanger
- 17 cup hooks
- Latex paint
- Sand the hanger.
- Lightly sand the hanger in the same direction as the wood grain. Then, use a damp cloth to wipe the dust away.
- Prepare the Preval Sprayer.
- Next, add 1 oz. of latex paint and 2 oz. of water to the Preval Sprayer jar. Cap, shake and attach the spray can. Apply several coats of paint to the hanger, allowing it to dry between each application.
- Pre drill holes.
- Now, gather a ruler, pencil, awl and hammer. Mark every inch along the “shoulders” of the hanger. Using the awl and hammer, tap a hole on the inch lines you drew.
- Another option is to use a drill to start the holes for the cup hooks. This should prevent any potential splits in the wood, and make it even easier to attach the cup hooks.
- Finally, screw in the cup hooks.
Note: The latex paint we used is by Jeff Lewis Color in the shade, “Atlantic”. We think it looks handsome paired with brass cup hooks.
Now you have a very fashionable DIY jewelry hanger to display your favorite necklaces.
Did you like this project? Share it with your friends, using the social sharing buttons below!